March 25 Finishing Workshop Student list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Raleigh finishing workshop, March 25

Here is my current student list - there have been a few swaps so I hope this is right, if not please correct me:

drw - Donn
philck - Phil
hmerkle - Hank
fred p - Fred
mpholway - matt
holyschmidtski - Jake
Danny Batchelor
dswalker - David
dwebb - Webb
Jeremy
marinosr - Richard

Class starts at 9:00 and ends at about 3:00

All students should bring a respirator, but I have some extras if needed
All students should also bring a 8 x 12 of decent wood to practice shellac finishing on, but I have plenty if needed

Lunch is non-tomato based chili in fresh bread bowls - let me know if there are any special dietary needs

I will send out the address to my shop via Private Message to all students on Thursday night

phil

LB75

George
Fresh bread bowls? Man, I'm going to need to bring my A-game when serving lunch at the Concord sharpening class! :gar-La;

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I'll be there. It has been a while since the original post. Are we supposed to make a donation to the website? This will be my first workshop. :)

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Fresh bread bowls? Man, I'm going to need to bring my A-game when serving lunch at the Concord sharpening class! :gar-La;

Actually I just like to cook. I had great instructors and now getting lots of practice, so I am finally catching on

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I'll be there. It has been a while since the original post. Are we supposed to make a donation to the website? This will be my first workshop. :)
We have been asking for a $30 donation to the site to help offset costs associated with the site. We are a 501c charity.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
donate.png

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Hey all,

With deep regrets I have to pull out this weekend. My wife and I got a free weekend stay at a B&B at Colonial Williamsburg because a friend had to cancel her trip at the last minute, and it's too good to pass up. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures in the cabinetry shop and post them back here! I hope someone else can grab my spot at Phil's workshop... it promises to be great.

Richard

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I regret to say that I will have to work tomorrow and miss another of Phil's workshops!

So, for someone, this is going to be a GREAT deal as I am still going to make the donation and someone is going to get a finishing workshop and what I will tell you in advance is usually a wonderful lunch!

Please contact Phil to be chosen.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Great workshop today. Learned a lot. Thanks to Phil for hosting and teaching the class! Looking forward to attending more of these opportunities!

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Big thanks to Phil for hosting and putting on a great workshop. I sprayed lacquer for the first time today. I have only sprayed shellac in the past. I see myself playing with some lacquer in the future.

Dirk,
What exactly did you have in your Earlex that we sprayed on the chair? I remember you saying it was from Sherwin Williams.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Iwill PM you theexact product name.....it was an oil basedstain though

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
Great workshop with good fellowship, outstanding chili and pretty good cheesecake. And on top of that I learned a lot about finishing. A whole lot.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
As always, Phil was an outstanding host and he was an equally impressive instructor. Phil, thank you for your preparation and willingness to share your time, information as well as experience with your fellow woodworkers! Also, the food was fantastic!

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil,
Thanks - awesome as usual. Always learn a lot and get to know great guys with a common passion. Only one problem - Wicked tool envy - I always want to come home and buy up all of the gadgetry that Phil has that I didn't know I needed until I take his workshop. I really want a Devilbiss but budget dictates that I settle for California Air for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS