March 2018 Contest: Post pictures(s) of you most prized "Carving in the Round"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
For this month we'll try a twist a tad outside the norm. Post some pics of a Carving in the Round that you did any time in your life! Painted, or not, finished or not....Let's see them!

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
From about 4 years ago. Supposed to be a Dunlin....see them at the coast all the time. Carved from butternut, acrylic paints. (real sand and shells:gar-Bi)

attachment.php

Attachments

• SANY0452.JPG
    SANY0452.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 385

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Okay........... Nobody else beside Preston has every tried to carve something??? Or did Preston knock it out of the park with his awesome bird carving? Does anyone else have a carving to add? I'll wait till later this week to close the submissions...

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Okay........... Nobody else beside Preston has every tried to carve something??? Or did Preston knock it out of the park with his awesome bird carving? Does anyone else have a carving to add? I'll wait till later this week to close the submissions...

This was a project I did when I had a hole in my head. Wasn't caused by the tomahawk... it wasn't done yet. Carving and shaping curly maple is a slow process. It is not like carving bass wood or pine.

Michael I posted a few photos here to fatten up the thread a bit. More in a folder in the Gallery. Black tar bear head over Nitric Acid on ball and handle.

oiled_9_1.JPG

oiled_8_1.JPG

oiled_7_1.JPG

oiled_6_1.JPG

oiled_3_1.JPG

bn101.JPG

DSC082551.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I'll post my squirrel just to make the poll larger. It is carved out of some very old maple burl and rubbed with my oil mix.

CarveSquirrel1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS