March 2017 Contest: the most wackiest design you have built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
For the March contest, please submit pictures and if there is a story, we'd love to hear it, of the most wackiest design that you have built. If you have sketches, include those so all can see what your thought process was to the crazy design. These are required, but photos are!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
ArchTable.JPG

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
For the March contest, please submit pictures and if there is a story, we'd love to hear it, of the most wackiest design that you have built. If you have sketches, include those so all can see what your thought process was to the crazy design. These are required, but photos are!

Can it be a work in progress?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can I enter one of my children?? I could win first and second

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I was asked to make a hand bending jig for a piece of sheet metal that had to fit two sides of a sheet metal box. I figured a 20% spring back and went with a radius 20% less than the needed radius. It worked the first time. Things think up don't end that well always.

bending jig - 1.jpg

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I was asked to make spokes and rings for a hand pump type railroad car wheel that a friend was restoring. That was a challenge. A lot of shaper jig work.

pump car - 2.jpg

pump car - 1.jpg

pump car - 2 (1).jpg

pump car - 1 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
You'll have to guess what it is, until it is done. In the spray shop for finishing now. :confused:

Pecan Gizmo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS