Maple and Sycamore

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have 2 trees hanging out over a field edge and I am planning to cut them down. One is a maple about 16" at the stump and about 12"-13" at the end of the trunk log which is about 8'. The other is a sycamore about 18" at the stump and maybe 15" at the end of the trunk log which is about 8'-10'.

I'll be cutting the limbs into firewood. The trunk logs are free to anyone who wants them. Looks like some burl potential.

I also have a cedar tree which I'm planning to have cut into lumber. My plan is to find a sawyer with a portable mill and have it cut here. So if anyone wants the maple and sycamore I'd be glad to work with you to get them cut here at the same time.

If anyone is interested you are welcome to come check them out before I cut them down. That will allow you to determine how you want them cut. I'd like to get them cut down and cleaned up while there is no crop in the field.

Spring Hope is about 35 miles east of Raleigh. I'm on NC 581 2 miles south of US 64.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I would love to have the sycamore and will willingly help shoulder the cost of slicing. I would like it quartersawn. It's a long way to go, but for quartersawn sycamore it will be nice drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors