Mantle Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crrunion

New User
Randall
Twins_At_Our_House_069.JPG

I'm new to the NCWW after a long layoff from woodworking but I wanted to post a couple of pictures of a Mantle Clock I built a few years ago as a kind of introduction to the website. The clock has a mechanical movement and the case is made from black walnut. When I built it, my supply of tools was limited and I had to do the thickness planing on the drill press with a special bit. There are some flaws in my work, but I can almost always find something that could have been better in everything I build. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Take care

Randall

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW! Very nice clock. The "flaws" are well hidden. Where did you get the clock works?

Crrunion

New User
Randall
Thanks, Bugle. The clock works were given to me by a neighbor that did clock repair. He had thought about building a clock and changed is mind. I think he bought it from SLaRose which is no longer in business. But there are still a few people around that sell mechanical movements. "Klockit" is probably the most popular. I have also done business with Merritt's. If you Google "Mechanical Clock Movements" you will find a few other suppliers as well.

Take care

Randall

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I love clocks, and yours is really nice! That is a true heirloom piece!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Beautiful clock, don't you just love walnut. When I look at your clock I see a grandfather clock. Keep up the good work, now get you a planer, you earned it, and you can justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS