Man, I am done for the night! UPDATED new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
The doors look great Dave and that is a good solution. A very fine little storage drawer as well. Nice job and I can tell you had fun working out the details.:icon_thum

Jay

New User
Jay
Really great work Dave. Can't wait to see it finished. Ditto on the drawer comments. I like the pulls on the drawer. Only one problem though. I know if it were in my shop I would be afraid to do anything with it for fear of messing up something that nice.

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Dave,
Nice job on the dovetail storage case. I think I could wager a guess at the organization of your shop if you are putting that much work into your storage. One rule of thumb I often use is when you have a drawer behind doors like your application, I always use a vertical upright wide enough so that when the door is open 90 degrees I can still pull the drawer open. (this depends on the door thickness, hinges,..) - Good job on the case.

Buddy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Buddy, My shop organization is no where near par with the case I made for my DT jig:roll: :roll: :BangHead: I made it for practice with the jig, kinda like a right of passage, or so I've seen. Now you give the advice on the drawer spacing, I wasted a good part of a day trying to figure out how to work with the drawer as designed, only to realize that I had to allow spacing for the door and hinges:BangHead: :slap:
Thanks for your kind comments!
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Michael, Brusso is da bomb. Although, I don't think my storage case is worthy of such quality(cost). But my wife's jewelry case, that could be a possibility. Do you know of a good affordable source for Brusso?

Thanks, Dave:)

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Dave, Brusso seems to be one of those items that have a fixed price. No matter where you go it seems to sell for exactly the same thing. I used to buy mine from Woodcraft when they would send me a discount coupon or when my birthday month arrived and I would get a 10% discount. You can order it directly from the manufacturer but at no savings. It is worth the money for heirloom type projects.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, Woodworker, Supply carries some of the Brusso items for about the same price as elsewhere but they do offer a slight price break if you order in larger quantities like >4 or >10.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
DaveO,

The Brusso Knife Hinges are available at Woodworker Supply in Graham. Item No's 100-400 through 100-405 depending on size, price is from $13.49 to $34.49 a pair. Smallest size is 1-3/8 L x 5/16 W by 3/32 thick.

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS