Make It Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Help! Since being graced with the esteemed title of "Moderator" I have been receiving a more than "moderate" amount of email. I get an email every time someone posts in my assigned forum. I love this forum, but don't love lots of email.

I set my User Options to "No Email Notification" and that didn't do it.

I didn't see anything in ModCP to make it stop.

Help! How do I make it go away?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You should be good now.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought several hundred e-mails a day would make you feel special..."You got mail" 8-O 8-O 8-O 8-O
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
This may be a good alternative for everyone to set up. I like to get email from my forums, and threads I have posted to, but I too do not like the messages cloggin my inbox. What did I do you ask? Well.... in my email program, I set up a rule that scans each email I get and assigns it to a folder. I have a NCWoodworker folder that all NCWoodworker mail get assigned to. (Over 8000 now) My inbox doesnt' get clogged, and I can scan and see when someone has posted to my forum or threads...

I thought someone may be interested in this method.

I use Thunderbird mail, but also have Outlook express. If this interests anyone, but needs a little assistance, I'd be happy to set up a how to.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Dave,

I don't know what you did, but you are my hero!:icon_thum:icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Matt, no problem :icon_thum

Clay I do some thing similar to you but I utilize my NCww'er e-mail account for those e-mails.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
I can't figure out how to set up rules for my MSN folders and I'd appreciate any guidance!

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Cathy,
In hotmail (which me thinks is identical to MSN mail), when viewing your inbox, there's an "options" link in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on that and then go to "custom filters". From there it's just a matter of setting up key words to look for in subject lines and folders to sort them into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors