Mahogany Bowl

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Hank: Here is one of those lathe "thingees" and as you can see the significant other found a use for it.
All kidding aside you guys need to get out to Murdock's sawmill in Bunn. I bought 2 pieces of Honduran mahogany 12/4 thick x 14" wide x 8' long for $6.00 B.F. The 8/4 and 4/4 is only $4.00 per B.F. There were pieces 17" plus in the stack of 12/4. I just didn't want to unstack and restack to get at them.

Attachments

Attachments

• DSCN0723.JPG
    DSCN0723.JPG
    692.9 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN0724.JPG
    DSCN0724.JPG
    692.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I don't have permission to open your pictures when I try. South American mahogany (Honduran?) is about $8.50-9.00/bf at the Hardwood Store.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Significant other says they are red breasted, yellow beaked, black winged, Australian ostrich eggs.
David :rolleyes:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank: Here is one of those lathe "thingees" and as you can see the significant other found a use for it.
All kidding aside you guys need to get out to Murdock's sawmill in Bunn. I bought 2 pieces of Honduran mahogany 12/4 thick x 14" wide x 8' long for $6.00 B.F. The 8/4 and 4/4 is only $4.00 per B.F. There were pieces 17" plus in the stack of 12/4. I just didn't want to unstack and restack to get at them.

Attachments
Can you double check my math?
12/4 X 14 X 8 - 27.84 board feet? so @ $6.00 /bd.ft. is $167?
That is a SMOKIN' deal!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors