magports

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
Finally got around to finishing my version of this - too many projects in parallel.

I downloaded the file from Thingiverse, but decided to just design my own. It is much easier to change the size of the holes in the design to fit the magnets rather than trying to find magnets that fit the holes. I ordered the magnets from Amazon, 30 for $12, 10x5mm.

The adapter that fits over the tool dust port is tapered and just a friction fit.

The two parts line up really well, not sure if I need to install a gasket between them, but I haven't actually done any serious amount of jointing/ planing to test it.

Here it is when converted over to planer mode:

To be honest, it is not that much better than what I had before. I used a 4" piece of thin wall S&D pipe, attached the hose to it with a clamp, and the pipe slid over the tool dust port with a friction fit. Cutting the piece of pipe took about 2 min. Creating the 3D model, printing it, ordering and installing the magnets - days :) But this is much much cooler of course. Plus, it's good practice to design stuff, if you don't do it regularly you forget how the software works.
Nice, looks great. What design software did you use?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very cool dude. Can you share the files for the altered version you made? I want to print a couple for myself.
Sure. I assume you want the Fusion360 file, not the STL.
Here is the link to the adaptor that goes onto the tool: Fusion
And the part to which the dust collection hose connects: Fusion

Autodesk changed a bunch of stuff on the licensing and permissions so I don't know if you can download the file. But hopefully you can copy it into your own project.

If you want the STL files, you can find them here: Public - Google Drive

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS