Made a Few Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I never post much of what I do cause I very rarely remember my camera when it is in process and when I finish a renovation I'm usually very glad to be finished.
IMG_09253.JPG

View image in gallery

These were at home projects that I had no excuse not to photograph

.Several of the cutting boards and as my coworker referred to it as a M&M mansized dispenser.

Comments and critiques are always appreciated.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Nice work on these - much appreciated gifts I would think.

I have made a few cutting boards, but all have been side grain not end grain (just due to the scrap pieces I have). That looks like a lot of pieces in one board, but I imagine you glue up a series of blocks and then rip strips from that. is that right? is there an online set of instructions you can point me to? I believe the Wood Whisperer did something like that, but I'll have to recheck.

I like the bowl too. What species - walnut perhaps? What type of finish? (can't have the M&Ms sticking to it!).

Thanks

Henry W

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Greg, I think you should remember your camera more often. I, for one, would love to see more pics of your beautiful works. :eusa_clap

Bill

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Thanx for the comments.
Henry,
They start out as 24 to 26" strips and are then crosscut and stood up as end grain.
You might check out the free program CBdesigner13 .It is available from several sites including lumberjocks and youtube. Google it and download it ,makes it real easy to design and pre-visualize your creation before making a spec of sawdust.
The M&M bowl is infact Black Walnut and has several coats of French Polish and then buffed.

Greg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Really nice gifts that will be greatly appreciated, I am quite sure!

Love those endgrain cutting boards. Made some a few years back but didn't do the drip groove around the top edge. Now, that is really a cool idea. Practical and looks great too!

Nice work.

Wayne

(Now I had better get on the stick. Xmas is coming up way too fast.......again!:embaresse)

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Various maples, black walnut, sapele, brazilian cherry, regular cherry, white oak, beech , ash, and ????.I'm cleaning up the shop at the same time.
Greg

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Very nice work! I like the perimeter route in the bottom board. That gives it more of a cutting board feel and less of a show piece.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Critique? You want a critique? Gre, you better display sone work with a few glaring flaws if you want a critique. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS