Ma Deuce, exotic woods mix, much turnery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I have been working off and on to get this piece completed; health-problems intervened over the past two years and slowed things down a bit, but I just got some of the last details done, and it's ready to enter in the Sonoma County (California) Fair (drop-off next weekend, fair July 25 through August 10). About 60% turnery I estimate.

I've been using the "pipe-center" style drive, using 60degree centers; this works well for small diameter pieces in hardwoods, especially hollow pieces or those assembled with socket and tenon such as the legs.

Spades were turned using the chuck.

Barrel support (Indian Laurel) step-drilled to match barrel contour then perforated with Forstner bit.

Legs (Mora) and feet with front spade, & upper pintle assembly (Kingwood).

Traversing and elevating assembly with Kingwood lower sleeve, purpleheart for knobs (that's a left-hand thread on the lower screw).

Hope you like it, wish me luck!

Regards, Johnpipe

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Good to see you posting. Nice work as usual, good luck at the fair. That's always as much the judges taste or more than the quality of the work.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
You must have amazing patience, John, to do something that intricate and that beautiful. Good luck at the fair, and it's good to see you back on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS