Lumberjacks considered worst job on list

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I have worked at a saw mill - went out to the woods to harvest the trees loaded them took them back to saw mill - debarked them helped cut them into what ever was needed - outside freash air cool breeze sun shining sitting by the fire eating some hot soup - not bad at all

J

jeff...

I don't know about all that... but I love being out in the woods - fresh air and logging is some serious exercise which is GOOD for you. True it is dangerous but that's part of the excitement. Work smart and always put safety first, don't do nothing stupid and you walk out of the woods :) Always take your logging buddy with you! To quote Crush from Finding Nemo "Do you have your logging buddy" Dude... :gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
In a long and varied career I have worked in jobs that are listed in the best 20 and some in the worst 20. I would have to agree with Scott that their determinations seem to be flawed. :wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They don't even talk about Landscaping work at all :dontknow::dontknow: I guess I don't have a real job. It seems that the best jobs are the most boring, mundane, indoor, and in safe corporate environments. I hate when I am stuck in my office doing boring, mundane and safe jobs.
Being outside and having the chance to catch a double rainbow two days in a row is what I like. Or I could be a calculator jockey :nah::nah:

Dave:)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
It seems to favor the jobs that are sedentary and kill you by way of heart attack.

I never understood the methodology to determine the worst and best..

I would believe this would be highly dependent upon the individual.

Dragon

New User
David
Best job I ever had was driving fire trucks. Nothing in world quite so much fun a tearing down the road watching other drivers scrambling like all heck to get out the way. Best part is, no cops chasing you and they actually will sometimes block traffic so you can get through faster.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I chuckled when I saw this story.

Why do I know that not one person who helped write this story ever gets out of their office unless it is for cocktail hour?

:gar-Bi:gar-La;

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i didn't read the article maybe sometime when i have nothing better to do i will.

but how in the world is a lumber jack worse than a nuclear decontamination technician?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It seems that the best jobs are the most boring, mundane, indoor, and in safe corporate environments. I hate when I am stuck in my office doing boring, mundane and safe jobs. :nah::nah:

AMEN brotha! :thumbs_up I worked in an office/corporate environment for a year and it was the worst year of my life. :no: :thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do Like Will Goodwin said, if you love your work, you'll never work a day in your life. I doubt I'll ever do what I love for a living, but I try to get as close as possible. :icon_thum

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS