Lumber run opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
SR hardwoods has some awesome deals listed for entire bundles of walnut$2bf figured cherry$3bf. Maple $1 bf ... These are listed on the Norfolk Craigslist Any interest out there?

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Id be interested in some cherry and maple. 50/50. I could take more if i had too, and I'm flexible on how much of each.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I would be interested in some maple if it was select and kiln dried>..:gar-La;

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Chris is quite a distance away, the last time he actually met everyone in Durham on a Saturday. I am not sure if he is still on the site but perhaps we could generate enough interest that it would be cost effective for him to do this again with a little increase for delivery.
I am not sure how to coordinate or how this occured the last time. My limitation is a vehicle capable of transporing large quantities of lumber ( A Toyota truck can only carry about 250 bf max).

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'm sure he'll see these posts.

He could probably find the same chump as last time to host the run if he wanted to. That guy has no life.

K

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would love to have more good wood,

But, last night the wind was so big it blew the tin off my lumber stacks and now I'm thinking I should get rid of all my lumber and just buy what i need for each project.

Or build a better place to store, which I really can't afford right now.

This is terribly depressing. :(

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Hey folks, I'm still here. working everyday of the week. I guess that's good and bad sometimes. Yep, we have an excess of wood and have a lot more in the kiln and out being surfaced so I put some packs together and drastically dropped the prices to move them and free up space.

420bf of walnut that has been surfaced to 3/4" by mostly 8'. Nice looking walnut. It's $2.00 a bf for the entire bundle package.

126 bf of red maple, with some ambrosia tracks but very little. Surfaced 2 sides to approx. 15/16" 8' lengths. $1.00bf for the package.

2 packs, 450bf each of 6/4 cherry. 8-10' lengths random widths surfaced 2 sides, some figured. $3.00 a bf for each package

48bf of 4/4 sinker red oak. These have been surfaced 2 sides and are character grade. Some splits and knots. This log we recovered from the bottom of the Nottoway River where it has laid for approx. 130 years, had ax cut ends

The above packages are for the entire bundles, and not individual boards.

New items that have not been put on our website yet is Ambrosia Maple with heavy heavy Ambrosia tracks. Surfaced 2 sides to 15/16 8-10' lengths. $2.60bf

Osage Orange, mostly 4/4 and some 5/4 random widths and random lengths $5.50bf

We still have a little bit left of the sinker cypress, 4/4 surfaced to 15/16. $5.00 bf

I'm sure Kevin and I can come to a mutual agreement to meet up again. It usually works out well for him :) I also have about 40,000bf of other hardwoods in 24 species so if you all want to arrange a lumber run lets work it out. The above bundles will all need to move however, as I'm out of space and keeping some lumber in my wharehouse at another location and logistics are a pain. I'll rebundle some of the 6/4 cherry and 3/4 walnut to smaller bundles if they can all get sold. Look at my site to see whatever else I have and I can give you a lumber run price instead of what's listed.

Chris

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
sound good...I can take the maple.....need at least 80bd/ft...let some one else get the rest

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
it's a soft maple, found all around my area. Usually has some ambrosia tracks in it from growing in the low land area. It has a pink tint to it compared to a northern soft maple.

I'll take some pictures of the packs this saturday and post them to see if there is enough interest for me to bring it down.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
As a customer of Chris', I promise you that you will not be disappointed. The cherry and walnut I bought from him a few year back is superb, I miss being close enough to be a regular customer. Not that I don't love any other of the sawyers on here that I purchased from before, but I just really really enjoyed the experience at his place. And Chris, I will be visiting NC sometime this year and intent on making a stop.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
Zach, thanks for the words, let me know when you are around and we'll crack a cold one! glad to hear you've been happy with that wood. hopefully others will want to form this lumber run and get killer deals that I only do once in a blue moon

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I would be in on it too but I doubt anyone will be heading my way to help with the delivery.

Zach, thanks for the words, let me know when you are around and we'll crack a cold one! glad to hear you've been happy with that wood. hopefully others will want to form this lumber run and get killer deals that I only do once in a blue moon

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm interested in the Cherry maybe 100 bf and the Walnut if it has not been steamed, possibly another 100 bf.

Could definitely pick it up at Kevin's place in Durham.

If this doesn't happen right away, the NCWW picnic is May 18 in Cary and could be a good place to organize a distribution of the total package.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Is there a distinction between steamed walnut and kiln dried walnut? My understanding was that the steaming came from the kiln drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS