Lumber Run - member request list for Af. Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I'm re-posting this as a separate thread so it doesn't get lost in the original:

Here's what we've got for the mahogany (we have plenty of zebrawood so we're not keeping tabs there):

Toolman 40
Bholcombe 50
BigDog72 20
SplintEastwood 50
LWHughes149 15
Bas 50
JimmyC 50
wrwilder ?
victoon 50 and 2 dozen eggs, large
DavidD ?
Mt Gomer ?
KenofCary ?
NCleet ?

Anyone else ???

We have about 400 ft of mahogany, and based on this list, there should be some for everyone. Those listed with question marks, it would help us if you could estimate how much you're interested in.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Thanks Dan! :icon_thum

I know how hard these runs can be. People either over/under/non commital to what of what.

This just serves as a placeholder, as things will change.

I just needed to have some visibility as to commit to making the trip on Saturday.

This also helps others to give them an idea of approx who has what, so they can do same.

Wouldn't want someone to make trip and see/find its all gone. At near $3.50 per gal......

M

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am already down for some zebra - if you have any A. Mahogany left I would like to get some, whatever is left. See you on Saturday
Is there a time set yet?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Since the mahagony is in short supply, I'll defer on it this time. Didn't really have a specific project in mind for it. I do still need about 20-30 bf of QSWO. One wide plank for the door/side panels and the rest not so wide for rail and stiles. Making a small vanity for the wife's upstairs bathroom. Have a real nice stamped copper sink to drop into the top. Haven't yet figured out what to make the top out of.

Just had a thought, maybe the Zebra Wood would make a nice top - should go well with the oak and the copper. Hmm, maybe I need some nice flat planks of Zebra Wood to laminate a top. Would need to build up a good layer of poly on the top for water-proofing.

Just thinking out loud here. I'll definitely be there for the Oak. I do need directions. Have a GPS so an address will probably get me there.

bholcombe

New User
Ben
Put me down for 50 on the Mahoghany please (hopefully the fact that I was the OP on it will help on the request :wwink: ). I'll also pick up a couple boards of zebra wood for doing pen and other small item things, so mill damaged boards shouldn't be a problem.

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
Late to party on Mahogany, but I will take 10 bf if enough (along with some zebra wood).

Dan Snyder

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Thanks, I was only interested in 8/4 boards for a friend. Me using this stuff would be a waste of good wood.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
You can remove me from the list.

My oldest has his last swim meet and I'll be location locked for the weekend :help:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'd like 30bft of the AM if it's available that far down on the list but I'm certainly willing to take less if rationing is required so all can get some.. See you Saturday.

Thanks!

Travis

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
With the goal of letting locals sleep in, and giving others time to drive to Scott's, we're going to start the ZebAfMahROakWOak lumber run at 10:00 this Saturday. Who's bringing the doughnuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS