Lumber in New Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocountryboy

New User
Jack
I may be moving to New Bern soon. Where can I buy building materials beside Lowes? Anyone know where I can get prebuild roof truss's?
Thanks

karlkoch

New User
Karl
I built a house in New Bern 3 years ago and used Garris Evans for my main lumber supplier. I found their pricing and service better than Guy C. Lee which is located on the other end of town. I also bought some nails for my framing crew's air guns at Builder's Discount when Garris Evans ran out. Sorry, I did not need prebuilt trusses so I don't know a supplier for those.

Richo B

New User
Richo
We have several building supply companies in the area but unfortunately I don't recall the names of any off hand. For woodworking lumber I know of Garris Evans and Precision Molding. There might be another. I believe Stuart Kent is also selling hardwoods at his shop in Ayden. Let us know if you do end up moving to New Bern. We'd love to meet you.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I may be moving to New Bern soon. Where can I buy building materials beside Lowes? Anyone know where I can get prebuild roof truss's?
Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the area! I stock +/- 10,000bf of hardwood for student use and sale to the public. I can also custom order anything you need in terms of cabinet supplies like plywoods, screws, etc. If you have large lumber need for construction or flooring I might be able to help there too - but have to get substantial quantities to make those prices work for you. For roofing trusses, look up Anderson Truss in Ayden they are a big outfit and supply regionally.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Ask for Bill Nelson (owner), or his daughter Nancy.
[h=2]Precision Moulding & Woodworks[/h]

• Address: 908 George St, New Bern, NC 28560
  • LS80CVGndgAsHgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
    Send directions to phone
  • Phone: (252) 638-3850

Jeff

New User
Jeff
For roofing trusses, look up Anderson Truss in Ayden they are a big outfit and supply regionally.

An interesting operation doing custom truss production on a huge scale mostly under computer design and control. I found it interesting to explore their site and those of their equipment suppliers.

https://andersontrussnc.com/about-us/

mocountryboy

New User
Jack
Karlkoch, Could you please tell me where I need to go to ask about a building permit.Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS