lumber haul from The Moulding Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Last week I drove up to Mooresville to see Rick at The Moulding Source and get a supply of lumber for some upcoming projects. I came home with some really nice Genuine Mahogany (Honduras). Getting kind of hard to find this stuff. I decided that I would use this to build the strip kayak. I cut the Cedar strips and was not pleased with them and figured if I was going to put that much work into a project it would be made to my liking. I know the Mahogany will be a bit heavier but it will sure be pretty and a few extra pounds do not bother me. I also picked up a few pieces of Curly Maple that Rick was saving for me. Picture of unloading the trailer with the golf cart and half of the Mahogany the lazy mans way.:eek:ccasion1

100_03661.JPG

cskipper

Cathy
Nice haul! Barbara said that she enjoyed getting to meet you while she was there the same date.

Gary K

New User
Gary
Dino,
I knew I had been unloading lumber wrong...thanks for the lesson. :gar-La;
Let me know if you want to sell the cedar strips you milled, maybe I could use them. The wife and I are planning a long weekend in Myrtle Beach mid October, I could pick them up then. I am only six strips away from closing up the hull on my daughter's kayak. If this stupid pager will stay quiet I might get to start on the deck this weekend.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Congratulations on the wood score. More of our members should visit Rick and his vast supply of wood. I am drooling every time I go there:thumbs_up:thumbs_up.

bwat

New User
Bill
Congrats on the NICE lumber and I really like the transportation methods!

You are right on Tracy! And Rick recently got some QS sycamore that I couldn't resist. It is beauuuuutiful!:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS