Lowes gift card help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I received 2 Lowes gift cards for my birthday. One is for $25 and the other $35. I would like to use the money somewhere else. Now, I know this is funny sounding as we have all seen the adds on CL for this and just assume it is a scam, but I hope I have earned my keep here on the Forum and you know who I am (and where I live in many cases) I would prefer to get full face value for them. I am hoping someone up in the north Raleigh area might need some items at Lowes and I could meet you at the store and trade the card for cash.

Now for laughs I will tell you what I am hoping to do with the money. I am currently obsessed with putting big truck air horn in my Tundra (underneath, not on the roof) I use them on my Freud work truck and people do hear them. I can choose either a normal beep beep horn or the air horns if needed. I will do the same on my Toyota.

Yup, nothing to do with woodworking, but I do feel it is a saftey tool. There are way to many idots out there texting and such and not paying attention to the road.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Tom,

OK, but I seldom get to your neck of the woods. I usually shop at Lowes in Apex. If you can wait, we could do the deal at the next TWA meeting.

Regards,

Bob

DWSmith

New User
David
I put a set of air horns under my Ford E150 van. The 125 psi air pressure coming out of the two horns does the trick. Does make people pay attention. They think an 18 wheeler is somewhere close.

Also, when I go for the yearly inspection, the mechanics usually have a lot of fun "testing" the horns. Have fun with your horns.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tom,

Of course that truck is a woodworking tool... you've carried wood in it, haven't you? :gar-Bi

Maybe after you get that horn installed, you could share how you did it... or are they easy to install? I've thought the same thing about some extra get-out-of-the-way noise.

DWSmith

New User
David
I purchased the horns off of eBay. It included two horns, one long and one short, compressor and air tank plus all the hardware to mount, air lines and wiring. I believe I paid about $150.00 including shipping. And if I remember correctly, the horns are 120 dB. Loud! Loud enough that I shut down a punk with a booming stereo on Main St. not long ago. The horns were louder than his booming crap and he got the message, turned the noise down, way down. :rotflm:
My van has no room under the hood for the horns or compressor so I mounter the horns under the drivers seat facing forward and the compressor was placed into a Baltic birch box I placed in the back of the van. The hardest thing was mounting the horns and running the wire. Once it was done, nothing is showing except the box with the compressor and there isn't much noise coming from the compressor when it is running. All in all a good deal and one I use only when needed. And it does get peoples attention.

T

toolferone

David,

Thanks for the tips. I am trying to do this on the cheap. I am going to be in Charlotte next eek and there is a big truck junk yard. They have tanks for $20 and horns around the same price. If they look in decent I might go that way. I did the whole car stereo install thing for years and I have plenty of room under the truck frame. I saw the kits you talked about on Ebay and my end up there.

DWSmith

New User
David
Tom:

You may be able to find train horns. The drawback is that most are stolen, right off the engines in the rail yards. That has become a big problem. However, big truck horns are a hoot and do draw a lot of attention!

T

toolferone

I can always use a Lowes run. :gar-Bi

PM on the way.

Thanks Ray, see you tomorrow.

Thanks everybody else, looks like I have a winner.

I will start another post when I do the horns.

T

toolferone

Zach, I have seen those sites and as much fun as that would be. They are too loud to be used for real. Now if I was still in my teens or early 20's it would have ben a different story.

Zach, I was just in your neck of the woods. I spent the night at the Double Tree hotel on the bech in Cocoa Beach. I had some training to do in Cocoa the next day. I had a nice relaxing evening at the beach and took a swim too.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Zach, I have seen those sites and as much fun as that would be. They are too loud to be used for real. Now if I was still in my teens or early 20's it would have ben a different story.

Zach, I was just in your neck of the woods. I spent the night at the Double Tree hotel on the bech in Cocoa Beach. I had some training to do in Cocoa the next day. I had a nice relaxing evening at the beach and took a swim too.

Unfortunately, Tom, I've been in Portsmouth, VA since the first of the month. I like the Double Tree, and all the little "spots" around it. Nowadays it seems FL was the best place I could have ever lived. This place seems like purgatory. As for the horn, I wanted one for awhile, but not that big. I want one to get the attention of those cell phone yappers and radio blarers that never even care to signal before they try to wreck you and run you off the road. God forbid they wave in regret but rather brandish the ever famous "California Howdy". I've been in a truck with someone that has one, and it's very satisfying to see there reaction at the next light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS