Lowes Clearance Alert !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
I was in the Lowes in Rocky Mount this morning and found this on clearance.

RA1171-Back-Hero_pd.jpg

Was $169 but was $85. They had two left. You might want to stop by your local Lowes and see if they have any.

It was on the regular tool (not on the clearance table).

Almost forgot......it has an ALUMINUM table insert, and leveling screws.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool..............thanks for sharing that with us Chris. One of the great benefits of this site is the ability of our members to find good deals and share them with the others here.

D L

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
Chris, thanks for the heads up. I was planning to build my own router table, but at $85 this may be a better deal. Going to check one of my local Lowe's today.

Burt

New User
Burt
Just keep in mind that with Lowes each Store manager has a good bit of authority. Items may be on sell at one store or it may be the entire company.

TimB

New User
Tim Baldwin
Had just rewatched the NYW improved router table episode and was getting worked up to add it to the list when I saw this post. Unfortunately, didn't see one in the Cary store.

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
Looks like I'm still going to build my router table. I checked 2 stores in my area, and they're not on sale at either one.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Martin, you will end up with a much nicer table if you build it yourself. You can make it as large as you want, and set it on a cabinet or legs at the best height for your comfort. I made one and it is the best thing since sliced bread..plus it's easy, I made one :icon_thum

Dave:)

(What was best before sliced bread..I'm not old enough to know :eusa_thin :eusa_thin )
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Burt

New User
Burt
Martin,

I use routers a lot and think I have something like 30 of them. My favorite router table is the veritas by Lee Valley - I have four of them and several of my wood customers and employees have bought them for their personal use. www.leevalley.com

These router tables have a 3/16" solid steel top. Once a router has been initially installed in the table, it can be removed or replaced in a manner of seconds. The fence, sled, etc are all super quality. The design is nothing elaborate - just good old fashion solid mechanical devices.

All 4 of mine are also equipped with the "Delta versa feeder class" of stock feeders. 2 have the Makita 3612c routers, one has the Big Milwaukee and the 4th has the triton 3 horse.

Burt

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Burt, how do you like the versa feeder? I was looking at them, but got a bit "nervous" based on some of the reviews I have read. Do you have any other stock feeders to compare it to?

Burt

New User
Burt
Travis.

Used properly, they are good tools. All 5 of mine are on routers and they perform very nicely on the router tables. I personally would not put a versa feeder on a table saw. They don't have the power.

Some of the gears in the feeders are plastic. When I discovered this, I order a few extra gears and replace them myself when it becomes necessary.

One thing that I like about the versa feeder is the varible speed. Just turn the dial to speed it up or slow it down. On most stock feeders, you have to physically change gears (replace with a different size).

I have one normal stock feeder that is used exclusively on a unisaw for ripping hard wood. I had this prior to purchasing any of the Versa Feeders.

The fact that I have 5 of the versa feeders should tell you how I feel about them.

As for repairs other than the plastic gears, I had an electrical problem with one of the 5 that repaired under warantee.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors