Lost My Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
On July 3rd my older brother Henry had an aneurism. On the 11th he passed.

I don't know of anyone more full of life, love and plain good fun than Henry. He taught me to love fishing and bought me my first tackle box and rod- which I still have, I mean Henry gave it to me, how could i ever get rid of it? We played with rc cars together, and took vacations. The adventures he took on during his life were just too crazy and numerous to list... Sailing the Caribbean alone in a used boat he bought somewhere, visiting Iraq during the occupation, hang gliding, skydiving, you name it! I called him every day to share what was going on in my life, and he his.

When my son Ben was born, after a year of trying with my wife, he was the first person here to visit. He never missed anything.

I don't have words for how much I miss him. It's like going through the world without arms to hug everybody.
I am happy that he's not suffering, but I'd be lying if i didn't tell you that my heart aches every day with his loss.

Henry would tell you to hug who you can today, and enjoy the sun on your face. Everyone enjoy this weekend, and don't give up any opportunities to hug the good people around you.

image140.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=74750

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Our prayers and thoughts will be with you. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into such a lovely person.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Glen, I am so sorry for your loss. Henry sounds like a remarkable person, and I'm sure he will be missed by many. And your message to hug someone you love today is well received. Thank You!

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Glen, I'm sorry for your loss. Henry sounds like a great brother and friend. When my time comes, I can only hope that people have similar fond memories of me. Thanks for sharing and reminding us to keep the focus on what is important.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Glen sorry to hear about your loss. will keep you and your family in our prayers

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
This has to be really tough Glen.

You and your entire family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Take Care,

Wayne

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Thank you all, for your prayers and well wishes.

It helps to know we are in your prayers, and it is wonderful to be reminded of all the other wonderful people in this world. I am blessed to be a part if this community. Thanks to all!

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Prayers from our family to yours. Went through the same type thing when my sister died at a very young age. There is a void that never gets filled.

agrieco

anthony
Corporate Member
Glen,

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share such a fond and powerful remembrance. You and your family are in our thoughts.

anthony

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
So sorry to hear of your loss Glenn. Losing someone close is never easy, but when its unexpected and tragic , its that much harder.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Glen, it is obvious that Henry was a wonderful man. I also think it is apparent that he had a profound and positive influence on the man you have become. I am so sorry for your loss, but his spirit lives on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors