Looking to trade some 12/4 Honduras mahogany for 12/4 hard maple

Status
Not open for further replies.

james condino

New User
james
I'm looking for some smaller very nice 12/4 hard maple boards. I need them to be air dried for at last 6 years (10+ is better), very clear and defect free, and flatsawn, approx. 8-10" wide and 30" long, for a restoration project. No curl or figure is fine, they just need to be very nice boards- basically unfigured instrument grade. As long as it is very clear and light in color with no streaking, I could get by with a softer maple if available. I've got a LOT of genuine Honduras mahogany boards and beams, up to 12/4 x 10+" wide and 12' long that have been air dried for approx. 15 years that I'll gladly trade for the maple- trades are always a lot more fun than cash exchanges! Close to Asheville would be ideal.

These are for a specific project; on a side note, I'll gladly trade more of the same if you've got some nice quartersawn curly maple that I can use for other projects!

james

wayne

New User
wayne
James

I have some maple but not sure of the dimensions. I'll check and get back with you.

Wayne

I'm looking for some smaller very nice 12/4 hard maple boards. I need them to be air dried for at last 6 years (10+ is better), very clear and defect free, and flatsawn, approx. 8-10" wide and 30" long, for a restoration project. No curl or figure is fine, they just need to be very nice boards- basically unfigured instrument grade. As long as it is very clear and light in color with no streaking, I could get by with a softer maple if available. I've got a LOT of genuine Honduras mahogany boards and beams, up to 12/4 x 10+" wide and 12' long that have been air dried for approx. 15 years that I'll gladly trade for the maple- trades are always a lot more fun than cash exchanges! Close to Asheville would be ideal.

These are for a specific project; on a side note, I'll gladly trade more of the same if you've got some nice quartersawn curly maple that I can use for other projects!

james

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not a trade opportunity but The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville has some nice 12/4 Hard Maple. Thvey provide discounts to NCWW but are not very close to Asheville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS