Looking For Wood Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Ahoy,
Ok, we have exhausted ourselves with "researching" tablesaws, Miter saws, ect. We still don't know what would be the right machines to buy, and on top of the frustration we ain't making any saw dust. So Irene and I decided to just order some wood and use the two tools we have, the Dremel Tool Workstation and the Dremel 18" Scroll Saw.

Fine...there we are, ready to move on and Bam! another speed bump....where to get the appropriate wood. Being a disabled vet and with no land transportation we need an internet wood resource that ships. We are going to order some of the Baltic Birch for the scroll saw from Woodcraft but we have called everywhere around here for 1/2" pine, aspen, basswood, or butternut for the small boxes we want to make.

Any suggestions as to resources and even choise of species? :?:

Be well & be kind to each other,
Duke and Irene

DaveO

New User
DaveO
M

McRabbet

Duke, You can order UPS bundles (20 BF per bundle) in a broad number of species from Steve Wall Lumber in Mayodan, NC by looking at their section on UPS Bundles. Check their prices against the other vendors that Dave suggested, but as a NC firm with an excellent reputation across the country, they should be able to supply you with what you need. You may also be able to put together a special order with them as well.

Good Luck and holler if you run into difficulty -- never underestimate the power of this forum -- we'll find a way to get you the wood you need. :lol:

Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Duke I can vouch for Wall Lumber in Mayoden, they are top noch and I have purchased a lot of wood from them. You may loose about 10% that has to be used for drawer runners but 80 to 90% is quality face grade wood. When I order some more maybe we can all get togeather and order a bunch, the give discounts for large orders. be blessed friend

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Duke, I surfed through a few of the links posted above and with a quick search could not see any that advertised wood in the 1/2" thickness you were looking for. I looked in one of my catalogs by CherryTree and came across a listing for 1/2" stock. Here is a link to their 1/2" stock.

You want to take a look at sites set up for things like scroll saw patterns. Sometimes these type of sites offer thiner stock that you will find at most lumber sites. As I come across more possibilities I will post them here for you.

I hope this helps,
D L

Last edited:

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Ahoy Mateys & Mateyess',

Thanks for all the help.....This is a great site, the best I have seen ever and that includes sites with other interests than woodworking. We have a very active and knowledgable group of people here.

Irene and I have so many questions and being as isolated as we are, we are so grateful for the help and fellowship exhibited here. We just hope our endless questions are not a bother. We could sail you anywhere around the world thru the worst waters and storms that Neptune could throw at us, but if Teak companionway hatch needed repaired, we would be lost!

Thanks again for helping us get closer to making saw dust, injuring body extemities, and wearing out tools.

Duke & Irene :saw:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
helmswatch said:
We just hope our endless questions are not a bother.

NEVER!!!! they give me something to do besides stare at the computer monitor...it's nice to type every once in a while:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
helmswatch said:
Thanks for all the help.....This is a great site, the best I have seen ever and that includes sites with other interests than woodworking. We have a very active and knowledgable group of people here.

Irene and I have so many questions and being as isolated as we are, we are so grateful for the help and fellowship exhibited here. We just hope our endless questions are not a bother.

Duke & Irene,
No bother at all, that what everyone is here for...........to help each other out. I am glad we were able to provide you with some feedback to your question. Now go forth and make some sawdust so we can see some pictures.:lol:

D L

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Hi Duke----What specie of wood are you looking for? What lengths etc.? It may be that I have some of what you need. Send a PM or email with the information if you like.

BTW I have a high school classmate in Aurora--he is a Baptist minister if I remember correctly.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS