Looking for thick Walnut bowl blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I'm in the process of turning some large salad bowls and I've finally exhausted my supply of thick-wide Walnut lumber. I need something about 4" thick by 10" to 14" wide. I know I'm asking for a tough one. PM if you have something available :icon_thum. Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bob, last time I was in Klingspor I thought I saw some thick walnut. I just do not recall how thick. Give them a call.

Dragon

New User
David
:icon_scra:eusa_thin I've got some Walnut logs that are pretty dry but have no idea:dontknow: if you'd be interested in them. Just some stuff I cut up and am attempting to salvage from the firewood sentence if I can. I'm in Lincolnton however and that may be a bit too much distance to overcome for some "iffy" wood. I can send some pics if you wanna have a look; jus lemmie know.

TedAS

New User
Ted
Saw this on Craigslist today.
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mat/1856068112.html

Walnut for gunstock or wood turners dream - $4

Date: 2010-07-21, 8:34PM EDT
Reply to: sale-gden8-1856068112@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We have a very large parcel of Walnut logs we are sawing for eaither gunstock blanks or bowl turning blanks. Thicknesses will run from 3" to 4.5". Please call for more details. Logs have been air drying for about 1 year. So far everyone that has bought from us has been very pleased with quality and price. Please call 704-477-3484 for more details.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k63of3la5O45W05R4a7ldf85aaee22001d7b.jpg
3n83mb3la5V65O45T2a7l67e1689efb081efd.jpg

PostingID: 1856068112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors