looking for source for hardwood in East NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
Great forum, I am really enjoying it.

I live in New Bern NC and would like to find a good source for furniture grade hardwood. Anyone know a good dealer.

kernnal

New User
Eric
Hey Joe-

I am in New Bern also and have had no luck in finding any kind of wood suppliers locally. Have heard of Atlantic Veneer (Beaufort) and World Timber Corp (Hubert) are the closest to us, but have not had the chance to visit them yet.

I also check eastern NC craigslist regularly and see various woods in the 'materials' on occasion.

Hope this helps,

Eric

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
Folks seem to really like Ivey Prigden in Burgaw (on the sawyers list tracy linked to). it may be a bit of a drive, but probably worth a look. He gets lots of compliments.

HTH,
Sam

Sully

New User
jay
We have a variety of hardwoods available for sale. We are not professional wood purveyors but sell some occasionally to offset the costs of milling. We currently have on hand:

Poplar
Red Oak
White Oak
Post Oak
Hickory
Beech
Walnut
Cherry
Cedar
Holly
Pine
Cypress
Sycamore
Ash
Maple
and more....

All of the wood is locally harvested and air-dried (with the exception of the Ash). It is rough sawn and air dried for 18 months or more. Thicknesses vary from 3/4 to 8/4 and widths 4-18". Prices are very reasonable.

Located in Bath, NC a little over one hour from New Bern. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in seeing what we have for sale.

J aka Sully

pviser

New User
paul
Another option to consider would be to buy significant bundles, say 500 board-feet each, of two or three of your favorite domestic species, all kiln-dried. This would surely be an up front expense, but would likely be economical over the three years or so that it would take you to work through it. Getting the transportation problem dealt with all at once would be better, in my view, than spending a day gathering wood before each project.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
We have a variety of hardwoods available for sale. We are not professional wood purveyors but sell some occasionally to offset the costs of milling. We currently have on hand:

Poplar
Red Oak
White Oak
Post Oak
Hickory
Beech
Walnut
Cherry
Cedar
Holly
Pine
Cypress
Sycamore
Ash
Maple
and more....

All of the wood is locally harvested and air-dried (with the exception of the Ash). It is rough sawn and air dried for 18 months or more. Thicknesses vary from 3/4 to 8/4 and widths 4-18". Prices are very reasonable.

Located in Bath, NC a little over one hour from New Bern. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in seeing what we have for sale.

J aka Sully

Bought all the wood for my latest instrument from Sully and Gary. It will be worth a small drive just to see their place. Can't go wrong.

Ernie

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
Sully, Once I get done with my current project I want to make a trip over to buy some stuff. Looks like a good selection.

skeeter

New User
Charles
I know it's a couple of hours drive, but Anchor Hardwoods in Wilmington has a great inventory of all types of hardwoods in stock. I was there Wed. and it was like going into a toystore. Great people to deal with also.

http://anchorhardwoods.com/

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Hey Joe-

I am in New Bern also and have had no luck in finding any kind of wood suppliers locally. Have heard of Atlantic Veneer (Beaufort) and World Timber Corp (Hubert) are the closest to us, but have not had the chance to visit them yet.

I also check eastern NC craigslist regularly and see various woods in the 'materials' on occasion.

Hope this helps,

Eric
The Hardwood Store of NC is located in central NC but we have been known to frequent your area and deliver for a reasonable delivery charge. Generally we are down that way at least once a month. We also ship UPS or motor freight. Maybe some of you guys could get together and come up to the store or combine a delivery. Let us know if we can help.

Cheryl

DaveM

New User
Murph
I can personally recommend the Hardwood Store. The orders I have made with them have been excellent. Cheryl will email you pictures of the stock you may be interested in, and as luck would have it the two orders I have made were within a couple days of their delivery to this part of the state.

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
I am in Swansboro, about 45 minutes south of New Bern, and would be willing to do a wood run on occasion and help offset the cost of gas. Let me know if that sounds appealing. Right now I am looking for Ambrosia maple and cherry near me.

donbake1

New User
Don
We are Anchor Hardwoods with stores in Wilmington and North Raleigh. A wide selection of domestic and imported hardwoods in stock. We sell small to large quantities and give discounts to DQ members. Planning and SLR at no charge. We also let you select the pieces you want.

Thanks,
Don Baker
Anchor Hardwoods
6716 Old Wake Forest Rd.
Raleigh
919-790-9449

DaveH

New User
DaveH
Precision Moulding and Woodworks in New Bern carries a great selection. Bill Nelson is a great guy to work with.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Great forum, I am really enjoying it.

I live in New Bern NC and would like to find a good source for furniture grade hardwood. Anyone know a good dealer.

The Hardwood Store of NC is located about 3 1/2 hours away but we deliver to the eastern part of the state every few weeks at a reasonable rate. Of course we would love to have you visit the store and select your material if you would like to. Please call or visit our website.

www.hardwoodstore.com

Thanks so much.

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS