Looking for someone to do an Amish finish in Hickory / Newton area

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I have rustic walnut table that I made that currently has a polyurethane finish, I want to get it refinished with an Amish style post-catalized conversion varnish finish. Wanting to see if someone local to Hickory area could do it for me.

Clay

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Yep..it's me. Had to put woodworking down. Moved out of central Nc last year. I'm still kicking though.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You might try calling Mike, at Hickory Klingspors store. He is the go to man on finishing. He does that type of thing on the side.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Where is Willow Spring, NC?

How about a few pics of your table for reference? What's an Amish finish and how is it different from other finishes? I'm curious again.

an Amish style post-catalized conversion varnish finish

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Yep..it's me. Had to put woodworking down. Moved out of central Nc last year. I'm still kicking though.

Clay - Im glad to hear your back at it again. BTW I still use that walnut pen you made for me. I used it several times today as a matter of fact :) I also moved... to southern IL - where did you move to?

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I will get a picture of the table posted. Also, I will get some more information on the finish technique. I got the walnut years ago from some guy named Jeff :)

Thanks for checking this out.

Clay

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I know that Jeff (CrealBilly) too with the WoodMizer sawmill before he moved to Illinois! There are several of us with the name "Jeff" and I'm the one from Rougemont.

I will get a picture of the table posted. Also, I will get some more information on the finish technique.

That'll be interesting.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I will get a picture of the table posted. Also, I will get some more information on the finish technique. I got the walnut years ago from some guy named Jeff :)

Thanks for checking this out.

Clay

Gotta watch that guy named Jeff - I'm telling you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS