Looking for Some Old Metal Roofing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I am looking to make a bar in my (tiny) man cave, and was going to incorporate some old roof tin from a barn or similar building. I would like it to be weathered, rusty, etc. I only need to make two 3'x3' panels in front and two 1'x3' panels, one on each side. Thanks for looking!

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
You're about a month too late for what we had....the roof off a 30 X 40 pole barn. It got cut up into 8' lengths and hauled to the recycler.

Charley

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have some but I'm a long way from you. 5 V tin comes in 2' wide sheets so it would take some cutting. You could try applying bleach to new tin and let it sit in the weather for a few days. It will etch the tin and make it look older. (I learned this the hard way after hiring an idiot when I had my painting business).

bluthart

New User
Brian
I will be in UNC Chapel Hill January 22nd for my 4 year old's surgery. Maybe that is close enough?

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
That's still 1 hour and 20 mins. Let me see what's in the pile. Maybe we can get it to you with a little help. These sheets are long but I can cut them down to 3' if I need to.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Dealing with some very bad back problems right now (I can barely move). The tin is beside my barn and has a couple of ladders on top of it. As soon as I can move again I'll go pull some out. This tin came of the barn roof. The barn is at least 80 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS