Looking for Sassafras near RTP area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anyone seen any for sale around here? Looking for turning or carving blanks.

- Ken.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Ken how much are you looking for ? StevieG gave me a couple of smallish logs some time back. I've been working with it some ( love the way it smells when turning :icon_thum ) but I still have some and would share a bit if you're doing something special ....or just want to turn some sassy :mrgreen: it's still " on the log " so I could whack ya off a hunk or two . Plus I work near Alston and Cornwallis. I'll get a diameter on it this weekend
lemme know what's on yer mind

skeeter

New User
Charles
Try Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh. Their Wilm. store had some last time I was there a couple of weeks ago.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Now that you mention it I remember some bowl blanks at the grand opening celebration in the Raleigh location :icon_thum

donbake1

New User
Don
I have a few 10 x 10 x 3 Sassafrass in stock, plus some ambrosia maple, Claro Walnut, mineral poplar, Kentucky coffee tree, Etc. plus several exotics. We also participate in the DQ program

Anchor Hardwoods
6716 Old Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27616
919 790-9449

Don Baker

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the pointers. I looked on the Anchor website and didn't find any mention of Sassafras, but it looks like I need to make a trip to North Raleigh this weekend.

Don, what are the store hours?

- Ken.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks go to sawduster. He gave me a nice piece of Sassafras. Now I just need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with it.

DSC_0407_532x800_.jpg

View image in gallery

I think I want to try to get a nice slice out of the piece with the bark still on it for a carving blank and use the rest for some turning stock.

Thanks - Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS