Looking for rough cut walnut near Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFoley

New User
Jay
Anyone know where I can find rough sawn walnut in the Triangle area? I've been to the stores and they're asking over $6/board foot. I had a guy in Rolesville who had great prices but he doesn't have any walnut. Saw a thread on here from 2006 about a guy in Moncure but I don't know if he's still around.

thsb

New User
Tim
not sure how much you need but there was a craigslist ad around for some in Hillsborough that was a good deal. I bought a couple big slabs. a month or two ago he had a couple of 8 foot by 8 inch by 2-3 inch slabs around. would be great for resawing.

also, depending on the project, it might just be worth spending the money and getting what is available. i bought some less expensive walnut and it wasn't a bad deal but i had to work pretty darn hard and lost a lot of wood to make it usable for my purposes. i think the market has spoken about how much very usable (i.e. straight wood that you can use most of the whole board) walnut costs.

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Anyone know where I can find rough sawn walnut in the Triangle area? I've been to the stores and they're asking over $6/board foot. I had a guy in Rolesville who had great prices but he doesn't have any walnut. Saw a thread on here from 2006 about a guy in Moncure but I don't know if he's still around.
Wall lumber has walnut for anywhere from $3.25 to $8.75 BF depending on grade, thickness and width.

http://www.walllumber.com/premier.asp

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Good luck at <$6/bdft retail. Klingspor's selection of walnut is good and their prices seem lower now than they were a year ago but I think $7.50 (minus 10%) is about as low as I've seen.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I have some 2" live edge slabs 12 ft long in solar kiln now and 4/4 8 ft long air drying, pm me if I can help. Building new DH kiln but it will be next month before it's ready for use.

Glenn1

New User
Glenn
I have a good amount of kiln dried 4/4 walnut with little or no sapwood. I live in Kernersville which is just west of Greensboro.

planecrazy

New User
Holland
Are you still looking for walnut? I know someone who has 700 bf 8/4 walnut in Knightdale; been garage stored for 50 years.

RainMaker

New User
Tony
Are you still looking for walnut? I know someone who has 700 bf 8/4 walnut in Knightdale; been garage stored for 50 years.

I would definitely be interested.... would be willing to take 200 or 300 ft depending on price.... I can pick it up this coming week... let me know...

Thanks,
Tony

planecrazy

New User
Holland
I would definitely be interested.... would be willing to take 200 or 300 ft depending on price.... I can pick it up this coming week... let me know...Thanks,Tony
Hi Tony,I spoke with my brother-in-law's father. They are in the process of cleaning out the barn where it is stored (in Knightdale). It will be a couple of weeks before he is in the Triangle (lives in New Bern). Feel free to give me a shout if you would like to discuss. Holland Patton336-624-7314

ste6168

New User
Mike
Hi Tony,I spoke with my brother-in-law's father. They are in the process of cleaning out the barn where it is stored (in Knightdale). It will be a couple of weeks before he is in the Triangle (lives in New Bern). Feel free to give me a shout if you would like to discuss. Holland Patton336-624-7314

Is the lumber in New Bern? If so, I am very interested in a bit of it. I am down the road in Morehead City.

Thanks.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I normally keep an eye on Craigs List and don't mind driving, even up to VA if needed. The last load was around 400bf 8/4 air dried rough sawn around 10% mc. It was beautiful lumber. I refuse to pay more than $3.50 per bf. You can see some of it here.

068E.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS