Looking for pine, fir or cedar

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Need to build a bunch of bee hives (including frames), so I am looking for some 10" and 7" wide (finished width), 4/4 and some 6/4 rough cut boards. Longest piece is 20", so short stuff is fine.
Lumber doesn't need to be fully dried, 15% MC or so is fine; it is going outdoors. Need to have some clear lumber for making internal frames. Looking for around 100-ish board feet.

Got interested in bee keeping and just started "Bee School", so the first order of business is building hives! And the hives need to be ready by end of March....

Also looking for bee supplies...

Thx
Bernhard

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Wie gehts Bernhard!

Yes, XLogger is near Bahama and closer to Rougemont. He doesn't have a website.

Ricky Pope
1407 John Jones rd

cell #: 919-485-9996

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sheesh, I haven't been around in a while and the first post I see is from Bernhardt. Hope you are doing well!

Bailey Bee Supply near Hillsborough gets good reviews.

Roger

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Wie gehts Bernhard!

Yes, XLogger is near Bahama and closer to Rougemont. He doesn't have a website.

Ricky Pope
1407 John Jones rd

cell #: 919-485-9996

Hi Jeff,
Good to hear from you!

Thx for the contact info Ricky, I will give him a call!

Bernhard

DavidK

New User
David
Bernhard,
I am a fellow beekeeper. Be sure to check the prices for woodenware from some of the mail order companies. I couldn't afford to buy wood and build for the prices of pre-cut components (but I didn't know about this site at the time, so you can surely do better than me
:) ).

David

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Got interested in bee keeping and just started "Bee School", so the first order of business is building hives! And the hives need to be ready by end of March....

The bees are fascinating to watch and observe as they come and go everyday gathering pollen for the hive. Are you building Langstroth type hives?

I tried bee keeping several years ago, built one top bar hive, and put fresh bees in it each year for 3 years. They seemed to do well but suddenly disappeared by August/September and then the wax moths took over and finished decimating what was left of the hive and wax.

Bailey's bee supply in Hillsborough is a good place to start.

https://baileybeesupply.com

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
My best friend just lost all of his hives in Durham. He may not do beekeeping again for a while.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Did he say why or how he lost his hives? Beekeeping is fun when it's going well but it's not a laid back undertaking and requires regular vigilance and maintenance of the hive.

My best friend just lost all of his hives in Durham. He may not do beekeeping again for a while.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS