Looking for my first lathe

J Miles

New User
Bodean
If you haven't found a lathe yet, I'm considering selling my mini Nova. Has the sharpening attachment as well.
PM me and we can discuss.
NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE; VARIABLE SPEED & REVERSIBLE
[/QU
If you haven't found a lathe yet, I'm considering selling my mini Nova. Has the sharpening attachment as well.
PM me and we can discuss.
NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE; VARIABLE SPEED & REVERSIBLE
duh! I'm not sure how to PM you on here LOL! New at this.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure how to PM you on here. I'M new at this. LOL?
As a new user, you cannot initiate a conversation, but others can start a conversation with you. Once the 'new user' state changes to a regular user, you will be able to.

When someone sends you a conversation, you will see a number under the envelop icon beside your name.

J Miles

New User
Bodean
As a new user, you cannot initiate a conversation, but others can start a conversation with you. Once the 'new user' state changes to a regular user, you will be able to.

When someone sends you a conversation, you will see a number under the envelop icon beside your name.
OK Thanks

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I see these lathe recommendations often and never see the Turncrafter series of lathes mentioned. I have had mine for several years, bought second hand, and have never had an issue out of it. Turned many bowls, dozens of pens, knobs for hand planes, etc. and it takes everything I have thrown at it.

J Miles

New User
Bodean
I see these lathe recommendations often and never see the Turncrafter series of lathes mentioned. I have had mine for several years, bought second hand, and have never had an issue out of it. Turned many bowls, dozens of pens, knobs for hand planes, etc. and it takes everything I have thrown at it.
Can you turn table legs with yours and what kind and model is yours?

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I have the commander 12" variable speed. I could turn table legs but it would be a very short table :D they make an extension bed so you can turn up 42" between centers but i don't have it

J Miles

New User
Bodean
I have the commander 12" variable speed. I could turn table legs but it would be a very short table :D they make an extension bed so you can turn up 42" between centers but i don't have it
Same here never hear anyone mention these. I've been looking and reading and it seems like its a good one and with a 1hp motor it seems like it should be powerful enough.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS