Looking for jointer/planer sharpening service in NOVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

New User
Earl
Looking for a good sharpening service in Richmond and or northern virginia. Woodcraft in Richmond want's $0.85/inch per planer/jointer blade, that's $38 for 3 15" blades, I can get a new freud blades for $42 + shipping.

Woodcraft in Leesburg wants $1.20/inch for a set of 3, that's $18, not too bad.

Does anybody have any expericnce with either of these places or can you recommend a place?

thanks Earl

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Earl, $0.50 - $0.75 per inch is about standard pricing for sharpening knives. I would be wary of the $1.20 per inch for three knives. I'm willing to bet that that is per knife. I use Dynamic Saw (dynamicsaw.com) in Buffalo NY for my sharpening needs. Cost $0.50 per inch, plus shipping both ways. I usually send knives in shipment with saw blades. For new knives, go over to Woodnet.net, and find "Brian in Sunny Fla, also know as Holbren. He sells new knives, with a 10% discount for Woodneters. Free shipping on orders over $75. Also check Global tooling for new knives. Amazon quite often runs Freuds on sale. For a set of new 15" knives, expect to pay between $40 and $50. I'm not sure whether the Woodcrafts use their Parkersburg WV sharpening shop, or a "local." Call a local cabinet shop, and ask who sharpens their blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors