Looking for Charlotte regional Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I'm trying to start up a new Makers group in the Charlotte area. Right now it's just a Facebook group but would love to see it grow into something more.

The maker movement includes all aspects of creativity and I know many woodworkers also have interests in other areas. Wood working, metal working, electronics and robotics, 3D printing, laser and cnc, casting and molding, modeling, automation, rasperry pi, arduino, and so much more.

My plan is to have a local group that can work on collaborative projects, knowledge transfer, an occasional creative contest, gatherings and the like. The beauty of making is that it can go in so many directions and sometimes you never know where you'll end up.

If anyone is interested, please take a moment to join the FB group. If you're interested but not on Facebook, let me know as I have at least one other person involved so far who is in the same situation and I'm looking for a way to be inclusive of everyone going forward.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CharlotteMakers/

or email me at fisherofpens@gmail.com with your info and I'll see if I can spin up an email distribution list or something on another platform.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Carl, I am interested but like so many more that I k now of - I just won't deal with FB.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Do you use Google+ or any other social media? Maybe we could start something on reddit or similar.

It's hard to find something that is agreeable to everyone.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
My only on-line social outlet is this website. I sign-in with Google on my PC when I am at home but I haven't looked at Google+. I will take a look at it tonight.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I joined - hope I am not "outside" the "Charlotte-Makers-Zone?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors