Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmarc

New User
Chris
I'm looking for some Western red and Atlantic white cedar to build a kayak. Anyone looking to unload some or know where I can get some cheap in the Raleigh area? I'm certainly willing to travel some if the price is right.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking for some Western red and Atlantic white cedar to build a kayak. Anyone looking to unload some or know where I can get some cheap in the Raleigh area? I'm certainly willing to travel some if the price is right.

Chris welcome to NCWW. When you get a minute go out to the Who We Are forum and tell us a bit about yourself. On the cedar send a PM to Scott Smith (scsmith42). He is located in New Hill off of Old US-1.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville carries Western Red cedar as well as a few other varieties. They are 2 miles off of I40 just west of Burlington, about an hr and 15 to 20 min drive for you. Super to deal with and you will enjoy going there. Scott Smith is a great guy to deal with and a huge asset to this site and a little closer to you

Like ScottM said, please stop in the Who We Are forum and introduce yourself.

Desmarc

New User
Chris
Thanks for the advice. I checked out The Hardwood Store's website. Will likely try to make a trip to check them out in the near future. Thanks again.

Desmarc

New User
Chris
Thanks Chris. Stopped by th Western Red Cedar place tonight but they were closed by the time I got there. Ya know, I've lived here for 14 years now and never knew that was tucked in back there! Reggie, where is Ivey's? I must admit that at first I discounted your post because I was thought i was specifically looking for cedar, not juniper. That is, until I just read that in NC, that's what Atlantic white is referred to as. I guess this Yankee still has a lot to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS