Looking For Black Locust Fence Posts/White Oak Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
I'm looking for about 60 Black Locust fence posts, preferably 4"x4" square or 6"x6" round in 7' lengths. I've talked to 2 places near Asheville, Bee Tree Hardwood and Mountain Works. Inventory hasn't been to spec nor do either have Saturday hours. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The 1x6x16' rails will be stained so any open to specie, but I heard White Oak is a great choice. Independent sawyers out there welcome to respond. This does not need to be a bundled package.

Thanks in advance.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
When I needed rails & posts, I went to the "Agriculture Review" published by the NC Dept of Agriculture. Rails are generally eleven feet in length. My rails are white pine, dried for a year, and then pressure treated. Unfortunately, after thirty years some of my post are rotting off, but not the rails. Another option is pressure treated posts. I can't remember the treatment company right now, but I bought a bundle of posts thru Talberts in Durham the last time I needed some. Some HD's carry split rails and posts in treated. But the rails are poplar for the horse folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS