Looking for a vintage drill press

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
Anyone have one gathering dust somewhere? I do a mix of metal and wood working, so would prefer something with three pulleys/ 12-16 speed and decent HP motor. Old Delta/Rockwell/Craftsman/etc USA made. Would prefer floor mount. I'm ok with something that needs a little loving, needs a motor, or is an ugly duckling as long as all the important bits are there.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Bill, I have an old King-Seeley one that I plan to keep, but it you're good at refurbs, I'd love to have you look at mine to see what's missing. Something is wrong or missing with the speed changing mechanism.

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
Bill, I have an old King-Seeley one that I plan to keep, but it you're good at refurbs, I'd love to have you look at mine to see what's missing. Something is wrong or missing with the speed changing mechanism.

Is yours one of the slider-knob variable speed heads rather than pulley setup? I've never actually messed with one of those before, but post up some photos and lets see if we can figure it out.

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
Also would put out there that I'm interested in old tools both hand and power in general. Could use a smaller band saw, planer, or jointer, or hand planes. Have gotten a few hits for smaller 5 speed units but holding out for now for a multiple pulley machine with deeper throat.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Is yours one of the slider-knob variable speed heads rather than pulley setup? I've never actually messed with one of those before, but post up some photos and lets see if we can figure it out.
It has pulleys, but the handle to keep the tension on the pulleys does not latch or lock. It's as if a piece is missing, but according to the manual, it's not.

King Seeley Manual

If you look at the Control Arm on page two, it appears that the Clamping Pad is supposed to lock the gear shift in place. However, there is a LOT of space between the pad and the housing. Either the Control Arm is frozen, or a piece is missing. That's my dilemma.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill,
Did you see the one that Striker has in the classifieds?

Hank

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
It has pulleys, but the handle to keep the tension on the pulleys does not latch or lock. It's as if a piece is missing, but according to the manual, it's not.

King Seeley Manual

If you look at the Control Arm on page two, it appears that the Clamping Pad is supposed to lock the gear shift in place. However, there is a LOT of space between the pad and the housing. Either the Control Arm is frozen, or a piece is missing. That's my dilemma.

Can you post photos of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS