Looking for a spray finishing student

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The best way to learn how to spray finish is to do it over and over and it helps to have an instructor helping.
I just happen to still have 60+ burial urns that need a coat of finish before transfer to storage
They will be sprayed with Mohawk lacquer - probably a couple of gallons. Spray equipment will be my Devilbus Finishline 4
The process should be done in 4 to 6 hours. I guarantee whomever helps me with this will be very comfortable with spray finishing when we are done.
I want to do this on Saturday March 14 with March 21 as a weather backup day.
I need one or two students - no more.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK both you guys are trainable. My house at 9:00 March 14, but we will be spraying in the driveway so we are weather dependent. We will be using an exhaust fan to deal with fumes. I have disposable mask or bring your own

Thanks

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you 3x. One for the training. One for believing I'm trainable. And 3, for guarrenteeing success (OP).

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
The best way to learn how to spray finish is to do it over and over and it helps to have an instructor helping.
I just happen to still have 60+ burial urns that need a coat of finish before transfer to storage
They will be sprayed with Mohawk lacquer - probably a couple of gallons. Spray equipment will be my Devilbus Finishline 4
The process should be done in 4 to 6 hours. I guarantee whomever helps me with this will be very comfortable with spray finishing when we are done.
I want to do this on Saturday March 14 with March 21 as a weather backup day.
I need one or two students - no more.
Phil, I have switched to conversion varnish, took me a while to get it dialed in, but as far as durability and time saving hard to beat. Has to cure at 68F or higher though.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
And, now I have a conflict. Please give my spot to another trainable woodworker. I am very sorry to miss this opportunity.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I can probably be trainable. I can open a box of cereal without spraying the contents everywhere. You can put me on the list for what ever you need - spray, prep, clean up.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, I have switched to conversion varnish, took me a while to get it dialed in, but as far as durability and time saving hard to beat. Has to cure at 68F or higher though.
What brand do you use?

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
What brand do you use?
Lenmar, Megavar. For the Devilbiss FL 4, dilute 40% with Lenmar Lacquer thinner and add 5-10% Lenmar retarder. Sprays like a dream, can touch in 15 minutes, sand the first coat in 30 minutes, add two coats within the next 30 minutes and done, You need a catalyzer as well, can spray in any temp, but has to cure at 68F or above. The are part of Behlin and Benjamin Moore, but this is intended for professional use only.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS