looking for a small dogwood tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Hi there Im looking for a small dogwood tree to make a cane out of. If any one has one let me know and well try to work out something.

Thanks Mark

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
and if Mark has no use for the root ball, I will snag it for a froe maul. I made a couple from a log Gary gave me, but it's trunk wood that was slightly splated and not incredibly durable.

I could offer one of my pecan branches; I think I still have a few more staff sized. But I seasoned them and they carve like iron. Better to carve green or half seasoned. I learn a lot of stuff the hard way...

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have 40 acres of woods full of dogwoods. I also have a half dozen or more dogwood canes as well as sassifrass and sourwood. You are welcome to come pick through the woods. Also have lots of spiralled sticks growing in the woods, young hickory, holly, some pine light wood, etc.

The woods were logged around 1990 and are full of hardwood saplings. The invitation is open to everyone. But you might want to come soon - the ticks and redbugs are already out. Deep Woods Off works well however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS