Looking for a Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazart

New User
Steve
I was thinking of getting a Dewalt DW735x or a Makita 2012NB.

Anyone have opinions comparing the 2 one way or the other or where I might be able find them at better prices than Amazon ($599 and $699 respectively)?

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
+1 on the DeWalt...and consider and upgrade to a Byrd cutter head. It's a great machine.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
If you want one at a lower price, I could sell you my used Ridgid. That way I could upgrade to a shelix version

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Contact the seller for the details you are looking for.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
By the time you upgrade to a helical head, you can just about buy a real stationary planer that will last the rest of your life.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have a delta with a bad cutter head. you could get a shelix head and I'll give you the delta. not sure how much aggravation is involved to do the change out. I've been holding on to this for parts but it's been 3 years and haven't needed any parts. It's got to go!

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Yep - no 220v in my garage, and I think it would cost quite a bit to add any as I think I would need a new panel?

You may not need a new panel, you just need to have access to 2, 110v feeds dedicated to the 220v circuit. BEWARE!!! Once you go 220, youll never go back! Its a slippery slope!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS