looking for a handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
3/8" racheting handles (I think its 16 tpi) in RTP? Normally Woodcraft carries them, but they are out when we were there last. I've tried Lowes, Home Despot, and Klingspor's Woodworking Shop.

I can order it online, but it seems silly to pay $5 shipping for a $4 part. Unfortunatly the gas from running around adds up fast too. So I'm going to break down soon and order it, but I thought I'd put out a question here first.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cloudancer,

Not totally sure I understand your question--but, if you are looking for rachet socket wrenches there are three sources.

Harbor Freight (cheap but not high quality)
Sears (not as cheap but very good quality)
Auto Parts Stores (price and quality vary, but high quality stuff usually available)

HTH,
Roger

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
I'm actually looking for a racheting handle that you turn, driving a screw into whatever it is attached too. Sonja's lathe has a fixed handle (without a rachet) on the tool rest, unfortunatly it can interfer with other parts of the machine depending on how hard you tighten it. So I'm looking for a replacement.

Rockler sells them, but it seems silly to order just one from them. I don't think I'm explaining well yet, here is a link:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id=1575&SearchHandle=DADBDBDFDADADDDGGFGGGEDBGFDEDADJCNDHGCDIGCCNDEGEDJDACNDJDJDEDFCNGDDCDBGDDIDHDFDDDADDDGDFDADADADBDADADADBDDHCGBGDGIGFHECAGIGBGOGEGMGFDADADADEDADADADADADADADBDFDADADADBDADADADADADADADADADADADADBDADADADBDDHCGBGDGIGFHECAGIGBGOGEGMGFDADADADBDB

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Wow, I never thought of something like that. It is perfect for a whole bunch of things. I do. I gott see which thread size I would need

R

rickc

Probably a dumb question, and something you already asked , but - is this something the store could order for you, and then call when it arrived? In the past if I request a special order, I prepay, but it does save me the shipping if time is not critical.

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Not dumb at all, I should have thought of that but it hadn't crossed my mind. I'm headed out of town for a while, so RedSonja will have to deal with it, but I will mention it to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS