Looking for a Festool Domino and sander

Billm0066

Bill
User
If anyone has one they would like to sell send me a pm. Im located in the Raleigh area. Open on the type of sander. Rotex preferred but willing to consider others.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might want to go to Festool USA and opt in to receive their emails announcing refurbished items available. I see sanders all the time and the occasional Domino. I waited 6 months to finally get a Kapex. Every time an email announced one it was gone 10 minutes after I got it and responded to it. Finally got one for about 30% off. The refurb items usually sell in the 20-30% off range and I've never had a problem with one of them, having bought several.

Closest thing Festool has to a sale. Free shipping direct from Festool also. Read the descriptions carefully as not all of them come with all the accessories. For instance a battery powered drill driver might not include the charger and spare battery adding to the final cost.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Festool owners rarely sell their tools.

I suggest buying new that way you'll have a warranty.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Ken,

Thanks for the tip, Ken, I registered. But I will not likely be patent enough to get the Domino XL I want that way. But who knows, I might. I am resigned to paying the full price once I get to a project where I can convince myself I "need" it. A crib for my latest grandchild is coming up and my provide my "justification".

I haven't done it yet but I've seen multiple postings on other websites about getting the expendibles, the loose tenons, from Europe where Festool cannot control the prices the way they do here. Shipping is more and he wait is longer but you can save money on them even with the shipping. I will start out just making my own loose tenons and buying CMT cutters.

Jim

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill, I found this one looking for something else:

Billm0066

Bill
User
Festool owners rarely sell their tools.

I suggest buying new that way you'll have a warranty.

I rarely buy anything new, and tools are no exception. I am the king of finding deals. Buy used and sell for what I paid for it when I dont need it anymore.

I appreciate everyones input, thank you.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I know your heart is set upon a Domino, but take a quick look at Phil Thien's mortising jig. Really cool idea, so cool, that today I picked up the needed hardware to make on for myself. Another thing added to my "to do list."

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I like my Bosch DEVS 1250 sander. It has a turbo mode which works similar to the agressive mode of the Rotex 150. I've seen comments from people who use both that they work about the same. But the Bosch is less than half the price of the Festool. If you want a 6 inch I highly recommend the Bosch 1250. I don't think you will find a Festool Rotex near $250.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS