Loft Bed Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macr0w

New User
macr0w
My wife asked me if I could make a "Loft Bed" for our daughter.

Of course I said "sure, that should be easy". :D

It really shouldn't be very hard and I bet I could just wing it and do okay.

Are there any decent plans on the internet for a Loft Bed?

I did a search and didn't find much.

I didn't find much on this webpage either.

Let me know if you have anything that could help.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Have you tried the Sketchup warehouse? Generally they have a tremendous number of plans for free. If you are familiar with Sketchup, you can probably scale the plans or make modifications.

Steve

FlyingRon

Ron
I built a loft for my daughter back when she was in high school and she took it with her to college. I didn't have plans, but I can describe them:

I made four "posts" which each made of two 1x4 pieces butt jointed together in an L shape with biscuits. (This was in 2001 or so).
I made rails out of 2x6 that were bolted to the legs. To the inside of each leg was added a 2x2 cleat all the way down.
On top of this cleat was a "bunky board" bed spring and on top a matress.
I created rungs up one end to allow her to climb up.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
So a loft bed is basically a bunk bed without the lower bed then? The issue i had raising our kids with bunk beds is the top bed was always to warm for them (heat rises) and we had ditch the beds stacking idea. Personally i like to sleep as close the floor as possible where its coolest, cant sleep well at all when its warm. My kids are the same... Just something to consider first.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
A loft bed is a bunk bed without the lower bunk. That lower open area can be used for a study desk/chair, etc. Something like this...

http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/801-...fdom=adwords&gclid=CM329rfKj88CFVc6gQodbwYFNA

• Twin loft measures: 82.25"L x 43.5"W x 70"H; Full loft measures: 82.25"L x 59"W x 70"
A twin mattress is about 75" l x 38" w and a double is the next size at about 75" l x 53" w.

loft_bed1.jpg

So it's a bed frame on stilts with a mattress supported by slats. All of that area beneath that is open for design ideas.

macr0w

New User
macr0w
Wow!!!!
Thanks for the response guys.
I will be looking at some of these plans.
I will report back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS