Lite Plywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

New User
Chip
Where can I find lite or light plywood? It is usually about 40% lighter than regular plywood. I am looking for 4x8' panels, 3/4" thick. Any help would be appreciated. I seem to only find it under hobbies and I am NOT making small models with it.

Chip

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hmmm.........I didn't realize they made light weight plywood. What are you planing to make with it?

D L

Chip

New User
Chip
Thanks, I already tried Raleigh Hardwooods and they do not supply it/do not special order it, nor could the person I spoke with direct me to another supplier. Your link is a good one. This is the stuff. I wrote to them recently, but they are in England, although willing to ship! No US distributors.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I just checked McEwen lumber, and they only carry Hood products, and Hood doesn't make anything but regular old pine ply. The Hardwood Store would be worth calling. There was another place mentioned down near the coast, I can't recall the name or find the thread that spoke about it :eusa_doh:
Dave:)

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
Chip,

I can't say as I've ever seen any "lite" VEENER plywood. I do know that there is "lite" MDF.

Now if all else fails, there is lumber core plywood. It is made of siold wood strips about 2" wide, glued together and veener on top. It is much lighter than standard veener core plywood.

Raleigh Hardwoods had it, and you can try this place also:

http://www.horizonforest.com/

They carry lumber and plywood. They have a place in Raleigh also.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Dolan I think was the one talking about the place near the coast. Can't remember thread or what, but I do believe it was Dolan.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
ChrisC said:
Chip,
http://www.horizonforest.com/

They carry lumber and plywood. They have a place in Raleigh also.

Do they sell to the average Joe or only bulk shipments? I work a stone throw away from their offices and see their trucks daily. It would be great if I could walk in and buy something there. Have you purchased from them in the past?

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
DaveO said:
Do they sell to the average Joe or only bulk shipments? I work a stone throw away from their offices and see their trucks daily. It would be great if I could walk in and buy something there. Have you purchased from them in the past?

I have bought from Horizon Forest in Wilmington and I am about as average a "Joe" as you can find. :lol: They even have (or did a couple of years ago) a plywood that you can bend into a circle. I forget the name of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS