Leaf blower died

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
My Husky died, come to find out motor is not getting any fuel. Taking it apart, found that the little polymer parts, (diaphragm in the carb, priming system) have perished. Then comes the decision to find the parts online, order them for an eight year old blower, wait for delivery, reinstall and start.

Brand new deal on Amazon for $112.00.

Don’t know how they do that price, but two days later a brand new blower delivered free by UPS

Old blower

42E3416F-FCF1-4E76-8114-6E229D921588.jpeg

New blower

A99411FD-79BA-4936-9057-35EE28B2A89A.jpeg

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have the same blower and it has been a champ for many years (maybe as old as yours) -- I did replace the primer bulb and associated tubing a few years ago (got parts at Lowe's where I bought it originally) and it has been very reliable. Starts every time and runs for a long time on a single tank of fuel.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
On my husky chainsaws I just find parts and or material that matches, the older versions motors do not have all the eco garbage on them so they are pretty basic.
The leaf blower is similar to one of the smaller chainsaw motors. What I do is mic. all the parts I need and find something at a small engine repair shop and just trim and hand fit, it is what I did for my diaphragm on my saw, mostly cause I was unwilling to wait for the part to come. That was 18 months ago and I still am running on it........

:) Nothing trims the yard bushes as fast as a chainsaw with a 36 in bar ........:p neighbors think I am crazy ........ what do they know ? they are the ones buying those Teslas .........:rolleyes:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
My Husky died, come to find out motor is not getting any fuel. Taking it apart, found that the little polymer parts, (diaphragm in the carb, priming system) have perished. Then comes the decision to find the parts online, order them for an eight year old blower, wait for delivery, reinstall and start.

Brand new deal on Amazon for $112.00.

Don’t know how they do that price, but two days later a brand new blower delivered free by UPS

Old blower

View attachment 190735

New blower

View attachment 190736
Did you run non ethanol gas in it? Only small engine I run ethanol enriched fuel in is generators, except small one. It has a tank mounted carburetor, so it's hard to run it dry each time. Others, shut off fuel and let carburetor run dry. Quarterly, replace fuel in tank with fresh. Run old fuel in the truck.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Did you run non ethanol gas in it? Only small engine I run ethanol enriched fuel in is generators, except small one. It has a tank mounted carburetor, so it's hard to run it dry each time. Others, shut off fuel and let carburetor run dry. Quarterly, replace fuel in tank with fresh. Run old fuel in the truck.
Where do you get good gas without ethanol?

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
My local Shell station has an ethanol free nozzle at the pump. 93 octane. Other three grades share a nozzle.
A while back someone here posted a link to a site that showed sources for ethanol free gas by locale.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have a 20+ year old Stihl BG55 blower has always run on ANY gas I dump in it and has never cared how long its been in it, it starts 3rd pull every time. Same with my Stihl 025 chainsaw (1996)

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Where do you get good gas without ethanol?
Although it is more expensive, Lowes carries premixed fuel in quart & gallon containers. You can also find at the smaller independent Husky dealers.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Although it is more expensive, Lowes carries premixed fuel in quart & gallon containers. You can also find at the smaller independent Husky dealers.
right - I use the "engineered fuel" exclusively in all my 2 stroke machines now. When I switched, I was impressed with how well they ran, and how much better they started.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Thanks, just the inspiration I needed- and found it in Greenville where I'll be on Thursday.
Now, I'll just have to remember a container, or two. They sell kerosene too!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS