laundry room shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhreed

New User
james
IMG_04941.JPG

View image in gallery

LOML wanted a laundry room shelf supported by 15" decorative corbels. Found them on line for $300.00 each. There are 5 on this 15' shelf. Made them from double thickness of 1-1/2" thick solid core door acquired from PhilS with NCTURNERS help. Thanks guys, you saved my bacon again.
James

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
So basically you saved $1,500.00! That ought to merit you a new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool. :gar-Bi

Great job.

Bill

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Man you keep working on Mommas laundry room and you might just stay outta the dog house! Nice job!:thumbs_up

As I recall this was your last project ala Phil!
IMG_0195foldigtable.jpg

And this was another laundry room project. Please don't let my wife see this thread!

IMG_0197solardryer1.jpg

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sure looks super custom to me, James!!

Nice work.

How did you cut the corbels? Bandsaw and pattern bit or?:dontknow:

That column cabinet in the middle with raised panels looks great too!

Out of dog house now, eh?

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

jhreed

New User
james
Wayne, I cut the individual 1-1/2" pieces from the door,with my 1591 Bosch Jig saw, with no splintering I might add. Then laminated two together to make the 3" thickness and then moved to my newly purchased Ridgid spindle sander to sand the profile flush.
James

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Looking really good James. Guess you are really carrying through on those projects you showed me. Right On!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Now, If I could only get to all those I discussed...:BangHead:

Go

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member

LOML wanted a laundry room shelf supported by 15" decorative corbels. Found them on line for $300.00 each. There are 5 on this 15' shelf. Made them from double thickness of 1-1/2" thick solid core door acquired from PhilS with NCTURNERS help. Thanks guys, you saved my bacon again.
James

It hard to beat a solid core door when you need a heavy-duty shelf. When I lived in Orlando the "Door Store" was an outlet for a local trim and door company. The had a large inventory of doors that often had nothing more wrong with them than a chip in the veneer or a discolored front or back. The prices were excellent. Granted, solid core doors are heavy, but they can hold up the world if properly braced.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors