Laundry Room Makeover

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
My father in law helped me with a laundry room makeover that my wife has been requesting for a few years now. We built a platform to lift the front loading washer and dryer up off the ground and installed some cabinets that were purchased at Lowes.

Here is the laundry room before we moved in to the house (washer and dryer were taken by previous owners). We didn't take any "before pictures" and this was all I could find.
20160630_124154.jpg

A wire rack in the back kept all the laundry supplies out in the open which my wife didn't like.
20160630_124204(1).jpg

Pedestal framed out and starting to put some cabinets in.
20210521_160004.jpg

Better view of the pedestal (white item is just a trash can)
20210521_160007.jpg

Cabinets put in place. Stock cabinets filled the entire width without any filler strips.
20210521_220602.jpg

20210521_220614.jpg

Washer and dryer put back in place.
20210522_181420.jpg

Starting to trim out the pedestal. This is the side, the trim piece isn't nailed in place yet.
20210610_115700.jpg

Some wrapping for the leg posts.
20210613_150048.jpg

Pedestal trimmed out and cabinet hardware installed.
20210622_233815.jpg

20210622_233911.jpg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Much Better-that looks great ! , the only thing you forgot to do was to match the lame 1/4 round install at the floor to wall connection like the previous owner did ........... :p

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I don't see a dryer vent hookup in any of your pictures.
How are you exhausting the dryer?

You mean you can't just exhaust right into the room? ;-)

It isn't shown in the pics. The 30A dryer receptacle and the dryer vent are below the pedestal. I had to drill a hole in the pedestal floor to route power and the dryer ducting.

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
You mean you can't just exhaust right into the room? ;-)

It isn't shown in the pics. The 30A dryer receptacle and the dryer vent are below the pedestal. I had to drill a hole in the pedestal floor to route power and the dryer ducting.
Looking at your pictures - you hung new drywall. Why didn't you move the vent and receptacle while the wall was open?

Note - the contractor building my house (4 years ago) had to move my vent up 18" because he forgot to allow for the pedestal.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Looking at your pictures - you hung new drywall. Why didn't you move the vent and receptacle while the wall was open?

Note - the contractor building my house (4 years ago) had to move my vent up 18" because he forgot to allow for the pedestal.

No drywall work for this project. I suspect you are seeing the holes in the drywall from the wall anchors that held the old wire shelves in place. Those holes weren't even patched, just strategically covered up with new cabinets.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS