Lathe Starter Bundle

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Seems legit, had spoke to guy briefly about getting a few of the items off this bundle but he wants to sell it as a whole lot. It is actually a really good deal for everything.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I don't understand why one would use FB Marketplace over Craigslist - where one can be (practically) anonymous unless and until a deal is negotiated. I quit my (anonymous/pseudonym) FB account years ago when I found interacting with others was coincident with/highly correlated to unusual/strange activity on my laptop necessitating several 'restorations.'

It appears that one needs to login to one's FB account to interact with a seller whereas one might do so with a seller on CL using any one of his email accounts. As well, these marketplaces seem relatively isolated where with CL I had a fellow in California purchase a part from an old Satellite dish receiver unit that I'd posted to the Hickory, NC list and I regularly see posts (in response to my Saved Searches) from people in all sorts of places - right in one of my email in boxes the day it is added to CL..

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Like it or not, much selling activity has moved to FBM, so there's your big reason: the 'stuff' is there.

Beyond that FB simplified buying and selling, and gave both parties a reasonable expectation they aren't dealing with a serial killer (the downside of anonymous contacts). Add on a personalized feed - showing you 'what you want, even if you don't know it' - simple payment, buyer protection and shipping/delivery options and there you go.

FBM prioritizes the local market, but it'll show you stuff from further afield too.

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS