Latest Project - Cherry Coffee Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
Here is my latest project and my first time doing a butterfly key. It's a coffee table my girlfriend requested. And since we live right above my shop I had no excuse. I made this one out of a nice slab of cherry a friend of mine gave me. I've posted some pictures below but if you want to see it in more detail then just follow this link.
Thanks for looking,

David Nestler
Tree of Life Woodworks, LLC
www.tolwoodworks.com

129.jpg

View image in gallery

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
awesome! love the wip photos. it's always so informative to see the process. what did you use to do the resaw?

James Anderson Jr

New User
James
Looks good; Took a tour of your website, I hope you post up on what becomes of the old trees in Sylvas park. I really miss being in the mountains around Cullowhee and Sylva.

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
For the resaw i used my bandsaw, a grizzly G0513p. It's a terrific saw and this cut really put it to the test...but it handled it beautifully.

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
Mr. Anderson, glad to hear you've taken an interest in those trees. I consider it quite an opportunity and a privilege to get to turn these old giants into something beautiful once again. I'll keep my website updated throughout all that so just keep checking back. The wood is in the kiln right now so it will be a month probably before anything else happens though. Are you from Jackson County?

James Anderson Jr

New User
James
Not from Jackson, but fell in love with the area while I was at WCU. I keep telling my wife I would love to move back there if the right job opportunity ever came up.

charlie jones

New User
Charlie
That is a great table. I have watched those old trees get bigger over the years. I am so glad they,re being used. So much timber is wasted. I can't wait to drop by and take a shop tour the next time I am in Sylva.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Nice table. :cool:

You did a good job on the bowtie.

I also look forward to updates on your maple and walnut from Sylva's park. A much more fitting end to be able to let the wood live on. :icon_thum

We vacationed in the Sylva, Dillsboro, Bryson City, Cherokee area many times. I always find myself wanting to live there although my career keeps me where I am. Beautiful area.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors