Large quantity of black walnut for sale

fiesta pantalones

New User
Greg
My father cut down a few black walnuts about 10-12 years ago. He had a neighbor with a sawmill cut it up for him. He died a few weeks ago. We are trying to sale it for mom. It has been air drying since he cut it down.

I think these numbers are pretty close to on the money.

16/4 by 10" by 9' 2 pieces
14/4 by 10" by 9' 1 piece
16/4 by 8" by 9' 1 piece
10/4 by 9" by 5' 5 pieces
4/4 by 8" to 10" by 6' to 9' 60 pieces several of these pieces have bark on
8/4 by 6" by 9' 3 pieces

This wood is in Union Grove, NC. We are only wanting to sale it all together. Please personal message me any offers or questions.

Attachments

• IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 349

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I am a little worried about how usable this wood is judging by the picture. What do you have in mind for a price?

fiesta pantalones

New User
Greg
I really don't have a price in mind. I have bought some from nc hardwoods in gibsonville for my son to work. They gave me an idea for board foot prices based on thickness that totaled up to $4700. I do not expect anything near that though since it is sight unseen and in bulk. I will say this. My son has used some of that wood to turn out beautiful cutting boards and walnut/mahogany bowls. The wood he used was great but the pictures show it stacked. I have not unstacked it. What you see in the pictures is what I have seen. If you need different pictures, let me know and I will try to get them.

The wood has been under shelter for 10 plus years. It had 1 by 2's letting airflow around each board.

fiesta pantalones

New User
Greg
I wouldn't know what that looked like. If someone did try to buy this wood and got to moms house and saw it wasn't usable, I wouldn't try to hold anyones feet to the fire. I was told by the guys at nc hardwoods that this would be the best place to try to sell it.

fiesta pantalones

New User
Greg
check it for powder post beetles. If its been air drying outside, good chances its infested.
I looked up online for evidence. I went out there yesterday and looked at the top couple of layers of wood. I did not see any signs of beetles. There may be some deeper in the stack but I did not see any on top.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS