Laguna C Flux 2 Dust Collector Won’t Turn On

graylynloomis

New User
Graylyn
I recently purchased a Laguna C Flux 2 dust collector from FB Marketplace. The machine ran well in the seller’s shop.

I tried to turn on the machine in my shop for the first time today and nothing happens. No lights, sounds, or anything else are emitting from the unit.

I have checked that the voltage is correct at the outlet and that the correct voltage is reaching the inside of the unit's electrical box.

Appreciate any advice! I wrote Laguna support this evening, but wanted to also tap into this amazing brain trust.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Does this one have the turn on/off switch above the unit you hit the start (green button) and nothing happens?, If so, does the the remote start it ? if so, check the switch contacts, if they are not dirty, then check the board. Likely the control board might have a an issue. The Laguna has some of these that were problematic so check on the net to see if yours is one of the models that this is the case. If so, talk to Laguna and see if they have provided a revised/improved board that supersedes this part.

graylynloomis

New User
Graylyn
Thank you for the quick reply. This unit does have the on/off buttons on top of the unit. Nothing happens when I push them. Nothing happens via the remote, either. I'll check the switch contacts this morning and will look into the control board issue. I'll follow up with Laguna on that.

Appreciate your help!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Where are you located? I'm an Electrical Engineer and I've been able to help out some other recently with some electrical issues. If you're not too far, I'd be happy to take a ride and see if I can help remedy the issue. I'm in Chapel Hill.

graylynloomis

New User
Graylyn
Hey Michael - that’s very kind of you. I’m up in Asheville, so not exactly your neck of the woods. If you happen to be up this way any time soon, just let me know!

I plan to do some more testing in the coming days on the unit so will post back here with an update.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I found this wiring diagram online. Check the reset button and the O/L (Overload) to make sure they are both reset.
1668951142745.png

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Those circuit boards are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. I had to replace one because of it. I think it was about $100

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS