Lacquer on a pig :) + prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, I took some advice and ignored others and decided to finish up my ill-designed box. I did attach the feet, despite being a little thick 'cause they took a long time to make and I didn't know how I would otherwise utilize them. I lowered the handle, and unless you look close you can't even tell. I managed to cut the Walnut dowels supporting it and drill out the waste in the top and re-attach it like I originally did.
The finish is a coat of blond shellac, 3 coats of gloss lacquer and a final coat of semi-gloss to lower the sheen.
My wife likes it and told me that she could find some stuff to store in it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mo_boxes_002.jpg

Mo_boxes_001.jpg

Mo_boxes_003.jpg

Not worth of another thread, but I liked the concept and plan to make a few more like it (hopefully better) I submit a prototype Bandsaw box.

Mo_boxes_006.jpg

Mo_boxes_009.jpg

Mo_boxes_007.jpg

Thanks for looking :-D :-D :-D :-D

Dave:)

Last edited:
J

jeff...

Thats one shinny pig I mean box - I like it, good wook there Dave :icon_thum

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks good! I need to work on my box-making skills... you keep providing inspiration!

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Dave-----------if you would take that "pig" to the fair you would probably get a blue ribbon!!:) Good job!

Jerry

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
That finish seems to have really brought out the beauty of DaveO's round handled, custom designed feet box, Rev 4!!:lol: :lol:

Grain and color is very nice. It looks beautiful.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
So you lacquered up a pig with lipstick?

I'm going to stop there.

I continue to be impressed by both your work and your ever growing skills. Great job!

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
at least he hasn't told us he took the pig on a date after getting her good and lacquered up!......

nice boxes daveO!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dave slow down. Once I am able to walk I will never be able to leave the shop making all of the projects you stir up weekly.:lol: :lol: :lol: . Nice job I like the fit and finish on all of those boxes:eusa_clap :icon_thum

dtomasch

New User
David
at least he hasn't told us he took the pig on a date after getting her good and lacquered up!......
That's funny

Dave that box turned out wonderfully, I'm glad you stuck to your guns and made that box as you saw it, regardless of any other opinion. I think it's perfect

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Good job Dave! It's a very unique design, and has come together very well despite your reservations. :eusa_clap

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
We apologize for this brief thread-jack, you will be returned to your regularly scheduled thread-reading momentarily.

watch out DaveO, there is a new fast-typing NCWW-posting guy out there, and he is steaming fast after you:

top_posters_list.JPG

now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave, ya got style :icon_thum
And style can be a signature too! Keep up the great work :mrgreen:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS