Kreg Adaptive Cutting System

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I noticed for the first time today that Kreg has come out with a track saw. It's a 10A saw so a little more powerful than a Grizzly (9A) but less than my DeWalt (12A). It has a riving knife and kickback protection which the DeWalt has but not the Makita. Reviews are sparse, unclear the quality level but in terms of features it is competitive. Price seems more similar to DeWalt and Makita. But the really interesting part is the cutting table you can get for it. The whole kit with the saw and table and some extras is the Kreg Adaptive Cutting System. It's about $900 and I would want another 62 inch track to be able to rip sheet goods which is another $100. That is a lot of money. But my DeWalt with two tracks and no table was $600. The smaller Festool MFT table is $700. So in the world of track saws, $1,000 for the whole setup is at least competitive. On the FOG (Festool Owners Group) there is a thread that says the table will work with other brand of tracks. Actually one poster says no, another says they tried Festool and Makita and it works. The table folds up so you could easily put it away if you are multi-using your garage or something. Interesting option.

Matt Parker

New User
Matt
I've seen a few people using it lately and have heard nothing but good things about it. I don't see any reason why the table wouldn't work with other tracks, and this is loosely on my radar as an option to speed up my cuts with the Makita tracksaw. The table and base seem to be available for about $500 or you can just get the top for $350 and make your own base. Not sure if it's worth it to part em out but it's cool that there are options for getting the parts of the system that works best for your needs.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Matt,

I agree with your comments. The only negative things I've seen have been about Kreg's use of plastic stops in the table. It seems like everything Kreg makes has a lot of plastic in it. But everything I've purchased from them has worked well.

Jim

minnehahas

New User
Gary
I bought the system and it works very well and accurate. You should be able to use others rack on the table but kreg’s saw and track are not compatible with festool oe makita. To square the system there are two holes that square kreg track to table via the tracks cutting edge. So for other tracks you might need to do it via other holes which are 3/4. Also you will need longer track like festool ts75 as it’s designed for 4’ cuts.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I just noticed a fairly through review of the track saw versus a Festool. He does not show examples but his comment is consistent with Gary's above relative to cut quality. He states it is equivalent to his Festool. If I did not already own a DeWalt I would be very interested.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS